Sunshine Bowling Center has opening(s) for the following positions:
- Maintain and condition bowling lanes
- Demonstrate safe handling of chemicals and equipment
- Prepare lane cleaning and conditioning formulations
- Setup, use, and store 400 lb Kegel oiler
- Retrieve and return stuck bowling balls or pins
- Handle the majority of ball calls
- Retrieve and set pins in specified pin location when needed
- Serve bowling public at front counter, snack counter or at tables as directed
- Receive payments, make change, process credit cards and assign lanes
- Perform regular cleaning of all public areas
- Gather and remove trash. Wash cookware as requested.
- Interact with all customers and fellow staff in a friendly, helpful and cheerful manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Right to work in the USA
- Non-smoker preferred
- Minimum HS diploma or GED
- Clear English speaker. Able to read, understand, and apply training materials, chemical preparation directions and other written documents in English. Second language is a plus.
- Must be able to dead lift at least 75 pounds. Must be physically able to setup and put away Kegel oiler.
- Must know and use safe working habits in hazardous working environment including high voltage equipment and rotating equipment.
- Critical thinker that can respond to changing situations quickly and appropriately.
- Capable of and eager to learn new skills and willingness to share your skills.
Required experience or knowledge:
This is an entry-level position and Sunshine is willing to train the right person. Mechanical or electrical work experience or aptitude is very useful.
20 – 30 hours per week. Afternoons, evenings and weekends. $12 – $18 per hour DOQ
To apply: please email Mike Diener at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off letter of application at Sunshine Bowling Center during open hours. Letter may be hand-written or typed. Qualifications may be included in the letter or in a resume. Make sure the following information is included:
- Cell phone and or home phone
- Address (if not within walking distance, do you have reliable transportation?)
- Education including degrees, certifications, specialized training
- Which job duties are you currently capable of and which would you need training to be able to perform. Elaborate as helpful.
- How do you meet the required attributes?
- Any other information that would help us evaluate you as a candidate.
- 3 references- – one personal (family or friend), one former or current employer, additional person who has known you at least five years. Need name, daytime phone number, and how the reference knows you.
Written format is not important. Neatness and legibility are.